Hidden Oasis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hidden Oasis! Feel free to ask for others to join.
The season is Summer!! Who wants a swim?
Top posters
Angel (2622)
Falling in Love I_vote_lcapFalling in Love I_voting_barFalling in Love I_vote_rcap 
Shadow (2018)
Falling in Love I_vote_lcapFalling in Love I_voting_barFalling in Love I_vote_rcap 
Riiko (1791)
Ghuna (1731)
Jeger (1605)
Lapaoftheforest (1497)
Sasha (1314)
Cyrus (1015)
Lokioftheocean (923)
Okami (842)
Latest topics
» First new plot
Falling in Love EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm by Angel

» Fallen Waters Pack Territory
Falling in Love EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am by Angel

» The Great Cave Maze
Falling in Love EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 am by Angel

» The Grand Beach
Falling in Love EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:21 am by Angel

» Hidden Cave
Falling in Love EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 am by Angel

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 61 registered users
The newest registered user is quasanl

Our users have posted a total of 24505 messages in 208 subjects

Falling in Love

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
Alpha
Angel

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Falling in Love

Wind whistled past my ears, pulling my long, brown hair in front of my face as I looked up at the clear, blue sky. Broken pieces of glass fell with me to my death, the ground four levels below me. Everything was in slow motion, giving me time to reflect on what had just happened. My gaze fixed on the window I had gone through, I noticed Drake’s face appear, watching me fall. His eyes were wide in shock, all I could do was stare sadly back at him.
Three levels to go.
Drake reached out of the window, avoiding the shattered glass that was still in the frame. It looked like he was going to come after me, but Kelly appeared, wrapping her arms around Drake, holding him back. I was glad that she stopped him; there was nothing he could do for me now, and I didn’t want him dying for me. There was no point.
Two more floors.
Their faces barely visible, I closed my eyes, no longer wanting to see how my impending death was affecting them. Hearing broken glass shatter on the concrete below me, I knew the end was near. It wasn’t my intention to die today; I had a happy life with no reason to want to die. It all started like any other day; I had no idea it could be my last.

“Hi Rebecca!” I heard a familiar voice call me as I made my way to the main entrance to the local High School. Turning around, I see Drake running towards me. Smiling at him, I wave as I wait for him to reach me.
“Did you have a good run?” I asked as he stopped in front of me, bracing his hands on his legs, catching his breath.
“Amazing.” He puffed “I love it when my lungs feel like they’re on fire.”
I laughed a little at Drake. “What were you chasing?”
“You.” I awkwardly smile at Drake, thinking it was a bit odd that he had been chasing me. He grinned at me then stood up straight. “Come on, class is about to start.” He walked past me and through the large doors to the school. I brushed off his weird comment and followed.
We climbed the stairs to the third level. Looking up the stairs, I saw Rick and froze in place, staring at him. His short black, curly hair bounced slightly as he walked down the stairs. He had a blank expression on his face, his dark brown eyes looking straight ahead. His muscular left arm was raised, resting his hand gently on the hand rail, his right arm relaxed at his side. I turned, watching him make his way down the stairs.
Drake who had been watching me rolled his eyes and continued up the stairs. “I don’t see what you see in that guy.” He said gruffly.
“What?” I asked, surprised. “I do not like him. He’s just a friend.”
Drake turned back to me and raised an eyebrow. “Oh yea? When was the last time you spoke to him?”
“Well...” Rick and I had never spoken before, but I wasn’t going to admit that to Drake.
“That’s what I thought.” Drake said sourly, turning and continuing up the rest of the stairs. It caught me off guard, his sudden hostility.
“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, leaping up the stairs after him. Drake turned again and bitterly looked at me.
“Why do girls go for guys like him?” Drake pointed in the direction Rick had gone and was almost yelling at me. It was surprising; I had never seen Drake this agitated before.
“What do you mean?” I stammered slightly, still in shock from his outburst.
He then grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me backwards and forwards in frustration. “You know exactly what I mean! Idiots like him get all the girls!” He stopped shaking me and looked at me sternly in the eyes. I stared at Drake, not sure what to say. When I didn’t reply his hands tightened on my shoulders.
“You’re hurting me.” I said, trying to avoid his question, not sure how to respond.
Slowly, Drake let go of my arms and looked away. “Forget it.” He said grumpily. I knew this wasn’t the last I was going to hear of this. It wasn’t like him to let go of something that made him this angry so quickly. Drake shoved his hands into his pockets and walked off to class without another word.
Kelly, who had been following us, then came up and stood next to me. “Wow.” She said, just as surprised as I was. “He sure isn’t happy about you liking Rick.”
I looked surprised at Kelly. “How did...?”
Kelly chuckled, “You make it so obvious! The thing I’m surprised about is that it took Drake this long to confront you about it.”
“Do you think Rick knows?” I ask nervously.
Kelly gently placed her hand on my shoulder. “Honey, the whole school knows.” I looked sadly at Kelly. If the whole school knows, that means he must know. If he knew and liked me back, then he probably would have asked me out by now.
“So, he doesn’t like me.” I stated, not wanting to believe it.
“I don’t know.” Kelly responded, letting her hand drop as I moved away. I walked over to the closest wall and pounded it with my fist, resting my head only centimetres away.
“Stupid! Stupid!” I yelled in rhythm with my fist. “How could I have been so stupid?”
“Hey!” Kelly called, spinning me around to face her, holding onto my shoulders so I couldn’t get away. “You are not stupid! If anyone’s stupid it’s Rick. Do you know why?” I stared at Kelly blankly, thinking about pounding my head against the wall next time. It works in the movies. “Becca!” Kelly called, noticing I wasn’t paying attention. I shrugged.
“Because he doesn’t study?” I guessed, even though I knew it wasn’t the answer she was looking for.
“No. It’s because he’s missing out on having an amazing girl, who’s smart, and funny, and pretty, and nice, and...”
“Okay,” I interrupted, “I know you aren’t talking about me anymore.”
“I was!” Kelly said, frustrated. “Although I’d probably have to take out smart now.” She then laughed, letting go of my shoulders. “You really are hopeless aren’t you?”
I smiled at Kelly and started to laugh with her. “Sure am.” I agreed. We then hear a large metal bell sound off three times. Class time.

We sat down in our normal seats and waited for class to start. Part way through class, Kelly tapped my arm. She whispered “Where’s Drake? I haven’t seen him since he stormed off.”
I looked around and couldn’t see him anywhere. “I have no idea.” I shrugged. “Maybe he’s still grumpy.”
“Top floor?” Kelly suggested. “He does like to go there when there’s something he wants to do some thinking.”
I nodded in agreement before raising my hand so my teacher would see it.
“Yes?” She asked, slightly annoyed I had interrupted her lesson. “What is it Rebecca?”
“I need to go to the bathroom.” I lied, hoping she would let me go.
“Me too.” Kelly said, raising her hand as well.
Our teacher rolled her eyes then said, “Quickly.” Kelly and I stood up and went out the door, heading straight for the stairs.
“What if he’s not there?” Kelly asked nervously.
“I’m sure he’s fine.” I reassured her. “If he’s not there we will have to go back to class. He’ll show up, he always does.”
We continued to run up the stairs. Once we were up the first flight, I continued to the next level, but Kelly stopped at the fourth. “Becca!” She called. I instantly stopped and turned to look at her. She was looking straight head. I walked back down the stairs and saw Drake sitting in the corner of the room. He looked up when Kelly called me, so we were staring at each other when I came down.
He turned away from me. “I don’t want to talk to you right now.” He said gruffly.
“Then what do you want?” I asked as Kelly and I walked towards him.
“You.” He said quietly, I almost didn’t hear him. It didn’t startle me this time, I had guessed that was what he wanted, so I continued walking towards him with Kelly next to me.
“I’m sorry; I just don’t feel the same way about you.” I stood next to him, resting my hand on the back of his chair.
“I know.” He said angrily. “You like Rick.”
“You don’t need to say it like that.” I said, starting to get annoyed with him.
“Yes I do!” He started yelling, getting out of his chair to stand over me, knocking his books and pens to the ground. “Its guys like him who get all the girls! What about me? No girl goes for the good guy!” He had walked forward while he spoke, making me walk backwards. I hit a trolley with some library books which surprised me, stopping me from going any further. He paused, waiting for a response.
“That’s not true.” Kelly spoke up. Drake turned to look at her while I looked around him to see her. “I like you.” Surprised, I looked from Drake to Kelly, making it look like I was watching a tennis match.
“Kelly.” Drake said, partly confused as well as touched.
Kelly shrugged and said “it’s okay, I understand that you like Rebecca. I’ll get over it.” She looked sad, understandably.
“I never knew.” Drake took a step towards Kelly. I sat up on the trolley and watched.
“And now you do.” Kelly sounded like she was about to cry.
Drake opened his arms and said “Come here.” Kelly ran over and gave him a big hug. I smiled, glad that there was a happy ending, even if it was cheesy.
“How cute!” I said, smiling at them.
They stopped hugging and Kelly looked at me, laughing a little. “Your turn.” Drake said, walking over to me.
“Nope.” I said, sliding further along the trolley, pushing the books off as I made my way to the end of it.
“Come on.” He said as he started jogging towards me to give me a hug. He then tripped on the books and pens that had fallen on the floor. I watched helplessly as he accidentally fell forward onto the front of the trolley, pushing it and me towards the window behind me. That was when everything started to go in slow motion.
Kelly leapt forward while Drake tried to reach for the trolley as it hit the wall. The sudden stop threw me from the trolley and through the window. I covered me face then began to fall, surrounded by glass.

With the ground up coming fast, I had a moment to think about what was going to happen next, how much it would hurt, what it was like to die. By now I had accepted the fact that I was seconds away from sudden death. Just before I hit the ground, I felt something hit me in the side, making me roll around the ground. When I stopped rolling, my arm which had hit the ground first was throbbing, but nowhere near as sore as I expected, but there was pressure on my chest. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Rick laying on me.
“Good tackle!” I heard Kelly yell.
Rick then looked at me and smiled, “Are you okay?”
“Sore, but alive.” I replied, smiling back at him. “Thanks. But what were you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in class?”
Rick laughed, “Shouldn’t you? Besides, I came looking for you. I wanted to see you as soon as class let out so I could give you those.” He pointed to where he had dropped his bag in his mad dash to catch me. Next to it was a bouquet of flowers.
Back to top Go down
https://hiddenoasis.rpg-board.net
Torva
Warrior
Torva

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:03 am

aww xD thats amazing
Back to top Go down
Angel
Alpha
Angel

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:47 am

Thanks Smile I can't wait to be published xD
Back to top Go down
Torva
Warrior
Torva

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 am

its gona be amazing XD
Back to top Go down
Angel
Alpha
Angel

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 am

Just you wait till you read my novel xD Will have to let you all know once I've found someone to publish it xD
Back to top Go down
Torva
Warrior
Torva

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:59 pm

that would be cool lol
Back to top Go down
Jeana
Scout
Jeana

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:04 pm

This is really good!

your gonna publish it!
all hail the magic publisher!
Back to top Go down
Angel
Alpha
Angel

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks guys xD but be honest, if you find something wrong with it let me know, I won't cry, promise Smile (braces self for worst)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Falling in Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in Love   Falling in Love Empty

Back to top Go down

Falling in Love
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Oasis :: Other Stuff :: Stories xD-
Jump to: